Great news guys!!! I was nominated for The Liebster Award by Maria at https://sunlightofthemind.com. Go check out her blog, she is pretty amazing 😊
Basically, this award is passed on from one blogger to another. It’s mainly for new bloggers, and a way to provide them some recognition & appreciation!
The word “Liebster” is of German origin, and it has many translations, such as: dearest, sweetest, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, endearing, and welcome. It’s a great way to describe what the award stands for.
Maria asked me to answer these following questions:
• What is one of your favorite memories from when you were young? One of my best memories was going to a Yankees game with my dad and little brother. It was FREEZING outside and we were up in what they call the “nose bleed seats”. Lol. We were huddled under one blanket with our hot chocolate, and we were at the bottom of the 9th inning and we were losing 3-1 (I can’t remember what team the Yankees were playing against. People were already starting to leave at this point. It was a full count, bottom of the 9th and Alex Rodriguez aka Arod was up to bat. He wasn’t having the greatest year. He swung the bat and I swear everything moved in slow motion as the entire stadium watched the ball fly out of the park- a GRAND SLAM and the Yankees won the game. I can’t even describe to you the uproar of the stadium. The place almost shook with excitement and cheers. My brother dad and I were jumping up and down, and the remaining crowd went wild. Strangers were hugging and high-fiving. (I got a high five in the ladies room). It was magic and I get the chills just thinking about it.
• What is your honest opinion about veganism? I commend anyone who is able to successfully maintain a vegan lifestyle. I believe it takes extreme discipline and willpower to stick to your beliefs to maintain this type of lifestyle. I wish I could do the same. I hope to gradually adopt more of a plant based diet over time. My heart breaks when I think of the terrible treatment animals go through for our benefit.
• Do you have any pets? If yes, introduce them! I can talk about my pets for DAYS. But, I’ll keep it short. My husband and I have two dogs, Max and Roscoe. Max is 3 and Roscoe is 2. Max is a lab mix and Roscoe is a German Shepherd. Max is a lazy, loving and affectionate dog. Maybe a little spoiled as he was our first pet. Roscoe was a rough puppy to raise but he’s grown into the sweetest, silliest, most loyal pet. They bring unconditional love and joy into my heart on a daily basis and I am beyond grateful for them.
• Would you ever get a tattoo? Or do you have any? I have 3 tattoos. An elephant, a dreamcatcher and an infinity symbol with the word faith inside. I plan on getting one more- a sunflower mandala. All of my tattoos are easily hidden, as they all have special meanings to me so they really aren’t for show. Below is my latest and favorite.
• Have you ever done something embarrassing that got caught on camera? Many drunk, stupid moments were caught on camera in my early twenties. Some friends even had the nerve to tag me on FB. Nothing too traumatic but needless to say, I untagged myself. LOL.
• How would you describe your best friend? Hilarious, intelligent, strong and recently – a super dog mom. We have seen each other at our highest and very lowest points. We are hundreds of miles apart but our friendship remains the same. She really is THE best.
• Is there any place in the world you would love to visit? Santorini, Greece and Thailand to visit an elephant sanctuary!
• How close are you to your family? At heart, very close. In distance, far. My husband is in the military, so we are stationed in Georgia and a majority of our family is in the tristate area. Thankfully, we get to visit them at least twice a year and speak often.
The blogs I have chosen to nominate for the Liebster Award are:
The questions I have for each of these bloggers to answer are :
- Who is your favorite person and why?
- If you could meet any person in history, who would it be and what would you ask them?
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is one thing you LOVE about yourself?
- Provide five random facts about you
It was an honor to receive this award!! Please visit these blogs to find out the answers to my questions. Each of these blogs provide value and amazing reads 🙂