Hey friends! I’ve been working on getting my morning routine down and I think I’ve finally got it! Obviously, I had to share it with you all because whatever I find helps me on this journey to inner peace, I want everyone else to know. You never know who else it may work for! There is a book called “The Miracle Morning” by Hal Elrod, and this is where the idea originated for me to develop a morning routine. It is a great read (or listen) and I highly recommend you start there before creating your own routine! 🙂
I am going to break it down step by step for you, that way you can see my flow and what I have found works best for me.
- Workout. This was the toughest to add to my morning routine to be honest. The reason for this is that it really requires me to wake up at least an hour earlier than usual. You will learn more about the benefits of waking up earlier if you read The Miracle Morning. Nevertheless, getting your body moving and those endorphins running first thing in the morning is just a great way to start your day. Doing this bright and early also gives you more energy throughout the day, which is a HUGE plus for me. I am on medications right now that take a hit on my energy levels, so this is major for me. Also, you can go about your day with the satisfaction of knowing you already got a workout in. Less room for you to make excuses to not get it done later in the day.
- Jesus Calling. I won’t go too in depth with this step because I know that everyone has varying beliefs. But, reading a page of this book every morning really makes me feel closer to God. The words seem to somehow always resonate with me.
- Miracles Now Deck. If you haven’t figured it out by now, I am a huge fan of Gabby Bernstein. This is a deck of cards that has inspirational quotes or sayings on each one. What I do each day is shuffle them, put my hand on top of the deck, and clear my mind. I ask for guidance and peace, and turn over the card. Each time I turn over that card, I read something that feeds my soul.
- Gratitude Journal. I already have a dedicated post here on this blog about my beloved gratitude journal. When I say this makes a difference in my mindset for the day, I mean it. Acknowledging your blessings everyday slowly removes negativity from your mind. I truly believe that. Focus on the GOOD. So, jot down a few things you are grateful for every single morning and watch the magic happen!
- Goal Setting. I like to take a few moments each morning to jot down my goals for the day. Its just so I have a clear understanding of what NEEDS to get done and also what I want to do. I can’t tell you how satisfying it is at the end of the day marking things off that list. I always feel so accomplished.
- Vision Board. This is the last step of my morning routine. I play a song that makes me happy (Lately, its been Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole) and stare at my vision board for the entire song. Sometimes longer. I really try to focus on whats on my board and envision how achieving those goals would look and feel. It is a very powerful practice.
- Extras. I have a bunch of apps on my phone that have daily affirmations I check throughout the day. Those are cool because you can get reminders throughout the day or little quotes to motivate you. I have a few by Joyce Meyer as well as some from The Secret. If you are on your phone a lot, it might be useful to download some affirmation apps!
That’s it guys! Like I said, this is what works for me. Everyone is different so just find what works for YOU, The book has a guide to follow called SAVERS, so you can go off of that. I did, but made my only little twist on the order of things. I will list a few links for some of the products I mentioned below as well as some photos. Enjoy!
Let’s face it, I am a Gabby Bernstein fangirl and coffee is without a doubt a part of my morning routine every single day, LOL.
The Miracle Morning:
Miracles Now Deck: